A blog about my random thoughts, Politics, Life in london, fashion and other random things :)

Sunday, 7 November 2010

Niqab vs. Niqabitch

I don't know if anyone of you heard how rapper M.I.A appeared at the Scream awards in LA wearing Niqab! (Face veil) I have one like this but in plain black :P

A full article on this is available here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/18/mia-wearing-a-niqab-at-awards-ceremony
personally I see it as a bold political statement and like it. What do you think of her move?


Also I found this which is of 2 women (aka NiqaBitch) who i suspect are either making a political statement of stirring up some tension, I have no words to describe it I'm baffled, they're basicly wearing the niqab and jilbab but have their bare legs on show.......awaillyyyy :O http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw32TU7uAi4&feature=player_embedded
Can errmmmm anyone figure out what they're trying to do?

4 comments:

  1. I think what M.I.A did was AWESOME!! It's like saying, "I'm wearing the niqab, what the heck you gonna do about it?" Let the niqabies be, pepz! I am NOT feeling the niqabies with jilbab and bare legs.

    I saw it once and the comments were like, "if they were it like that, I won't complain," LOOL. I have absolutely no idea what they're trying to do. I say it once again, let the niqabis be - people can wear whatever they want;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mia is acceptable but those 2 niqabitch?? wat da hell??? well just want to get attention n make fun of islam

    Silla

    ReplyDelete
  3. @NIO I agree with you 200% lol i <3 M.I.A

    @silla yeahh i struggle to see the concept of it....ya allah

    ReplyDelete
  4. MIA, love it.

    Niqabitch: they are actually doing us muslims a favor... because they are drawing attention to the issue. Its just like any good art, it makes you think, question, evaluate and re-evaluate. Anytime we get that, we are on the path towards acceptance.... all of you who are baffled, please please read history (art history, religious history especially).

    ReplyDelete